Ensuring we meet your Expectations
We want to ensure your day at Ffos Las Racecourse is a good one and that every aspect meets your expectations. This section can assist you with everything from deciding which race meeting you wish to attend, selecting an admission package most suitable to you or what you should wear on the day! If you any further questions which are not available please do not hesitate to contact us on 01554 811092 where a member of staff will be happy to assist you.
Questions that you might have…
- Which Enclosure should I choose?
- Ffos Las Racecourse has one enclosure. A Premier Badge gives you access to all public areas of the racecourse including the Grandstand with bars and a selection of food outlets, the Lawn and excellent views of the Saddling Boxes, Pre-Parade Ring, Parade Ring and Winners Enclosure. Not forgetting, of course, the fantastic views of our 1mile 4furlong course and it's beautiful surroundings.Our ticket price include entry and free parking for cars and coaches in the main car park.
- How do I book tickets?
- Badges and admission packages can be pre-booked either on-line or by calling the Racecourse Office on 01554 811092. Although it is not compulsory to book in advance, we do recommend it as popular fixtures have sold out in the past.
- Is Ffos Las Racecourse suitable for children and families?
- All children 16 and under and admitted free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult. On selected days, we provide children's entertainment to appeal to all ages. Please contact the Racecourse Office on 01554 811092 for further information about these days.
- Are there facilities for people with disabilities?
- Ffos Las Racecourse aims to provide an accessible environment for all racegoers. We provide disabled parking spaces and easy access to our enclosure. Disabled toilets are available in the Gatehouse, Blinkers Bar and Bridles Restaurant . There is lift access in the Grandstand for hospitality clients. We also have wheelchair viewing areas over looking the track and Parade Ring.
- Is there a dress code?
- Ffos Las Racecourse does not operate a strict dress code for general admission, but would ask all customers to wear smart, casual clothing.
The dress code policy for hospitality areas is smart casual which excludes jeans, trainers and rugby or football shirts.
- Can I bring my dog to the Racecourse?
- Only Guide Dogs for the Blind are permitted within the Racecourse Enclosures.
- Can I bring a picnic?
- No Picnics are permitted on course, however you are more then welcome to enjoy a picnic in our car park.
- Do I have to pay for parking?
- No, all car parking is free of charge.
- Can I bring a coach?
- Coach parties are always welcome to Ffos Las Racecourse and Coach drivers receive a free badge on production of valid ID.
- Where can I get food and drink?
- Bridles Restaurant offers a Three Course Meal and a table for the day, however we strongly recommend you book in advance. We offer a variety of food and beverages from Blinkers Bar, The Real McCoy and our Marquee Bars and our out door food outlets.
- Is there a cash machine at the Racecourse?
- There is a link cash machine located in Blinkers Bar in the Grandstand. Please note there is a transaction fee when you use this cash machine.
- Is there seating available?
- Limited seating is available in all bar areas and thought the racecourse. We also have picnic tables through out the enclosure.
- Where can I obtain more information on Racedays?
- The race programme is a useful tool to guide you through your day at the races, with details about each race and other helpful information. Programmes are sold at the Racecourse Entrances. General Information Leaflets and package information are displayed around the course and also available from the racecourse office. Alternatively please approach any member of staff who will be happy to assist you.
- How do I get to the Racecourse?
- Ffos Las Racecourse is easily accessible by road, rail or air.
- How much does it cost?
- Prices start from £10
- How do I become an annual badge holder?
- Annual badges are available for £150 at full price, to run from January to December. The badge entitles you to admission to every meeting at Ffos Las, as well as benefiting from a number of reciprocal meetings at other Racecourses throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland. By being a badge holder at Ffos Las you will also receive access to the dedicated Annual Badge Holder Bar on each meeting. Your badges are also fully transferable to friends and family in the event that you are unable to attend any fixture.
- When does your season start/finish?
- Ffos Las Racecourse doesn't have a season as such as we race all year round, spanning both the Flat and Jumps Seasons.
- Can I order a brochure?
- Yes – you can download our brochure hyperlink to downloads or you can contact us and we will be happy to provide you with further information.
- What happens when you're not racing?
- We regularly hold conferences, seminars, exhibition, public events, weddings, concerts and dinners.
- Where should we stay?
- Ffos Las Racecourse has strong links with local hotels and can often get preferential rates. View local accommodation page »
- How do I bet?
- The BHB website offers a superb betting guide to tell you all you need to know to back a few winners.
- What is your abandonment & refund policy?
- In the unfortunate event of an abandoned race meeting being abandoned before the first race a full refund will be given on return of your race tickets.
Alternatively you may request a transfer to a forthcoming meeting, for which new tickets will be issued.
If the meeting is abandoned before the third race a 50% refund will be made. If we abandon after the third race no refund is payable.
- Do you offer concessions?
- Yes, concessions are offered to OAP's and registered disabled on production of valid ID.
- What time should I arrive on racedays?
- Gates usually open two hours prior to the first race to give you time to get your bearings, read the racecard, have a drink and relax before the excitement starts.
- Can I take photographs?
At all meetings we ask you to ensure that no flash photography takes place near the horses. Otherwise you are welcome to take photographs for personal non-commercial use only. During live music and entertainment, the artists' management retain all image rights. Any photographer that is felt to be impeding or contravening these rights without accreditation and prior written consent will be requested to leave and escorted from the premises. You cannot take images for commercial purposes without prior permission from the racecourse office and provision of press accreditation.
Note: Professional filming and photography takes place here at Ffos Las for various publications and broadcasting and race goers (including families) consent to being filmed, photographed and otherwise recorded by Ffos Las Racecourse or any third party authorised by Ffos Las Racecourse. You grant Ffos Las Racecourse and any third party authorised by Ffos Las Racecourse the right to broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, film, recordings or images of you without payment or other compensation in any promotional literature produced by Ffos Las Racecourse. Full copies of our Terms & Conditions are available upon request.