The closer you get to the time of the first race, the busier the traffic will be so aim to arrive about an hour and a half before the first race. This will give you time to get to know the geography of the track and check out the racecourses facilities. The action will commence about half an hour before the advertised time of the first race, when the runners will be taken in the pre-parade ring to be saddled up.
For the most direct route please follow your Sat Nav: SA17 4DE.
From the East
- Leave M4 at J48
- Joining the A4138 to Llanelli. Continue straight for approx 4miles, crossing 3 roundabouts and 1 set of lights.
- At the Trostre roundabout please follow the signs for A484 Llanelli Town Centre - 4th exit. Continue on the A484 for approx 1mile.
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit A484 and continue for 0.3miles
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit A484
- Turn left onto Gelli-Onn/A484 Continue to follow A484
- Continue on the road for approx 400yards. Then turn right onto the B4309 (New Road).
- At the roundabout take the 1st exit on to the B4308 (Stradey Road)
- Continue for 3 miles approx, through Pen y Mynydd, then on to Trimsaran.
- Down through Trimsaran
- At mini roundabout take 2nd exit
- Ffos Las Racecourse is approx 1/2 mile on right.
From the West
- Follow the A40 to Carmarthen, then the A484 to Llanelli and follow the Brown Signs
FREE COURTESY BUS TO FFOS LAS
To make your journey that little easier, we provide a free courtesy bus to and from the racecourse from Llanelli train station. The courtesy bus will operate before & after racing only and is strictly on a first come first served basis. Please note we cannot guarantee that the courtesy bus times will fall in line with the scheduled train times. If you have a journey booked and are required to be at the station by a specific time then it is advised that your own transport is arranged.
First Cymru operate a Monday to Saturday bus service from Llanelli to Carmarthen (No 197) that will drop off near the racecourse.
For further details please visit www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/wales/swwales/home
Sunday 14 September
Leave - 12:50pm
Return - 6:55pm
Sunday 12 October
Pick up - 12:45pm
Return - 6:00pm
Tuesday 28 October
Pick up - 12:00pm
Return - 4:50pm
Sunday 9 November
Pick Up - 11:30am
Return - 4:25pm
Friday 21 November
Pick up - 11:25am
Return - 4:25pm
Monday 15 December
Pick up - 10:30am
Return - 4:00pm
For further details contact us on 01554 811092
FREE TRANSPORT TO THE RACES FOR GROUPS OF 40+
Enjoy the comfort of a hassle free day at the races. For groups of 40 or more you will gain premier admission to the course plus receive free transport to and from the racecourse. As the organiser you will also receive 2 complimentary entry tickets.
The nearest train stations are:
- Kidwelly (4.5 miles)
- Pembrey and Burry Port (4.5 miles)
- Llanelli (6 miles)
- Carmarthen (12 miles)
Ffos Las will accommodate helicopters on racedays by request.
Pembrey Airport is only 3 miles from Ffos Las and offers the following:
- Commercial Aircraft charters
- Commercial Helicopter charters
- Passenger handling in a new dedicated arrival and departure lounge
- Aviation refuelling with Av-Gas and Jet fuel (pressure or gravity)
- Restaurant offering good food and packed lunches
If you are arriving via the airport, they can arrange a taxi service to the racecourse. For more details call 01554 891534 or to visit their website on www.pembreyairport.com
Directions to Ffos Las from Fishguard Harbour:
- As you leave Fishguard Harbour from the first roundabout take the A40.
- At Windy hall roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A40 (signposted Haverfordwest).
- At Cardigan Road roundabout, take the 2nd Exit onto the A40.
- Follow the A40 and then follow the signs for St Clears.
- At Llanboidy Road Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A40, signposted St. Clears.
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A40, signposted Carmarthen. Travelodge (St Clears), Shell Tenby Road Filling Station.
- At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the A40, signposted Swansea, M4.
- A484 - At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A484 signposted Llanelli.
- At roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A484, again at the next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto A484.
- At Parc-Y-Bocs Roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A484 signposted Burry Port, Llanelli.
- Turn left onto the B4308, signposted Trimsaran.
- Turn left into Culla Road-B4317 and arrive at Trimsaran.